Kale Currant Pine Nut Salad
A great side for grilled fish or meat—or have it for lunch. You can make this with almonds instead of pine nuts.
- 1 bunch black kale
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 Tbsp currants soaked in boiling water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp pine nuts or slivered almonds
- 1 Tbsp coarsely ground Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and freshly grated pepper
- cutting board and knife
- measuring spoons
- salad bowl
- grater—both fine and coarse
- Finely julienne the kale.
- Toss in a bowl and rub the olive oil into the leaves.
- Sprinkle with the balsamic vinegar. Add remaining ingredients and season to taste.
Serve as a side dish with any grilled fish or meat. Lesley says, "I love this salad not only because it tastes great, but also because it keeps for a day or two in the fridge. The texture changes and it softens beautifully. I love a bowl of it for lunch."