Jalapeño Jelly can spice up any appetizer!
- 3/4 lb. jalapeño peppers
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 box pectin
- 6 cups sugar
- measuring cup and scale
- cutting board and knife
- food processor or blender
- large, heavy pot
- canning jars and lids
- Remove stems and seeds from jalapeño peppers.
- Purée with 1 cup of cider vinegar. Pour into pot.
- Add remaining vinegar to purée and bring to boil. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Add finely chopped red pepper.
- Add pectin, then sugar, and boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars and seal.