It's Not Science, It's Ice Cream...in a Bag!
"This is a really simple recipe that everyone can do," says Jake
- 1/2 cup half and half (10% cream)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup salt (Kosher or rock salt is best)
- 4 cups ice cubes
- measuring cups and spoons
- 1 small resealable plastic bag
- 1 large resealable plastic bag
- mitts are handy!
- Put the cream, sugar and vanilla in the small plastic bag. Seal. You can double bag it to prevent salt from getting in.
- Put the ice cubes and salt in the large plastic bag.
- Place the small bag in the large bag and seal.
- Shake for approximamately 5 minutes until the cream has frozen. Oven mitts or mittens are recommended to prevent frostbitten hands!
Enjoy this sensational summer treat on its own or with any additional toppings!