It's Not Science, It's Ice Cream...in a Bag!
"This is a really simple recipe that everyone can do," says Jake
- 1/2 cup half and half (10% cream)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup salt (Kosher or rock salt is best)
- 4 cups ice cubes
- measuring cups and spoons
- 1 small resealable plastic bag
- 1 large resealable plastic bag
- mitts are handy!
- Put the cream, sugar and vanilla in the small plastic bag. Seal. You can double bag it to prevent salt from getting in.
- Put the ice cubes and salt in the large plastic bag.
- Place the small bag in the large bag and seal.
- Shake for approximamately 5 minutes until the cream has frozen. Oven mitts or mittens are recommended to prevent frostbitten hands!
Enjoy this sensational summer treat on its own or with any additional toppings!
we all love this recipe ...ingenious ! we vote for the Murphy Cooking Family ..brilliant ! ...xox
christine goodday 16 May 2015, at 4:10 pm