Hot Meatball [Super] Hero Sandwiches
Sandwich fit for a super hero!
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 26 oz marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp dried parsley or 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 long Italian or French rolls, split lengthwise, toasted
- large baking sheet
- large bowl
- measuring cups and spoons
- mixing spoon
- large spoon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray heavy large baking sheet with nonstick vegetable oil spray.
- In a large bowl, combine 1/3 cup of the marina sauce, the bread crumbs, onion, cheese, egg, parsley, garlic, and jalapeno. Add the ground beef to the mixture and mix well.
- Shape into about sixteen 2-inch meatballs and arrange in a 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and drain the liquid.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the meatballs and return to the oven until they have reached an internal temperature of 74 deg C. Always use your digital food thermometer to be sure they are fully cooked.
- Using a clean spoon (one that has not had contact with the raw meat) spoon 5 or 6 meatballs onto each roll. Spoon enough sauce over to coat. Place tops of rolls over and serve.
"These hero sandwiches are always a hit at our house. When serving them, just don't forget to ask your kids what special power they would have if they were superheros!"