Homemade Mac and Cheese
Two best friends show us how easy it is to make mac and cheese from scratch.
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter + 2 Tbsp
- 2 1/2 Tbsp flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups marble or sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed crackers or bread crumbs
- pot to cook the macaroni
- colander or sieve to drain the macaroni
- measuring cups and spoons
- baking dish
- Cook macaroni until tender. Drain.
- In a saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter over medium heat.
- Mix in flour and whisk until blended.
- Add milk and stir until the sauce starts to thicken, stirring constantly so it doesn't stick.
- Stir in cheeses until they melt and the sauce is thick.
- Pour your cooked macaroni into a casserole dish. Pour your cheese sauce over the macaroni and stir together until coated.
- In a small saucepan, melt the 2 Tbsp of butter and add it to your cracker crumbs or bread crumbs. Mix until coated.
- Sprinkle the crumbs over the macaroni dish and bake at 350° F for 20–30 minutes. Serve.