1) Whisk together eggs, syrup and salt and then mix in 2 cups of the milk.
2) Place on top of double boiler or in a heavy saucepan.
3) Cook, stirring continuously until mixture thickens enough to thinly coat a metal spoon or to 160 degrees F or 70 degrees C - about 15 minutes.
4) Remove pot immediately from heat and whisk in remaining milk and vanilla.
5) Strain through a fine sieve, cover and chill. Consume within 24 hours.
6) Warm it up and top with nutmeg and/or cinammon. An option for adults, add some dark rum for a bit of Christmas "spirit".
Want to save recipes for later?
Sign up for a BT account!