Hearty Kimchi Pancake...with Beef
A delicious and unique pancake recipe using one of Korea's most popular side dishes, kimchi.
- 175 mL sliced beef
- 45 mL Korean BBQ sauce
- 15 mL honey
- 10 mL soy sauce
- 90 mL kimchi broth/juice
- 1 egg
- 225 mL flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 pinches of sugar
- 60 mL milk
- 225 mL chopped kimchi
- 5 mL oil
- mixing bowls
- mixing spoons
- measuring cups and spoons
- cutting board and knife
- non-stick pan
- serving dish
- Chop the meat into small strips.
- Mix the BBQ sauce, honey and soy sauce together in a small bowl. Add the meat and marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Cook the meat in the pan on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, until brown.
- Chop the kimchi into bite-size pieces.
- Measure 90 mL of the kimchi broth/juice into a small bowl. Add the egg and mix together.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt and sugar together. Then add milk and the kimchi broth/egg mixture and combine.
- Stir the cooked meat and chopped kimchi into the batter.
- Turn the heat up to medium high and add a little bit of oil to the non-stick pan. Spread half of the batter into the sizzling pan. Use a pair of chopsticks to spread the batter until it is thin.
- Cook on each side for about 3–5 minutes. Repeat for the second half of the batter.
- Let the pancakes cool, then serve. Enjoy!