Lemon Ginger Quinoa Granola
No matter what you serve with this delightful Lemon, Ginger, Quinoa Granola, you will love it!!
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 cup raisins
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- measuring cups and spoons
- large bowl
- mixing spoon
- airtight container for storage
- Preheat oven to 170° C (350° F).
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Gently warm the oil and honey and allow them to mix together.
- Wash and drain the quinoa.
- In a large bowl, toss together the oats, uncooked washed quinoa, spices, salt, lemon and ginger to ensure everything is well combined.
- Add the coconut sugar and honey & oil mixture to the oats and stir until everything is well coated.
- Spread the granola on the prepared baking tray and bake for 30 mintues, tossing every ten minutes or so to make sure it browns evenly.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before tossing to loosen. Sprinkle the raisins and cranberries over the granola and toss to mix.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container.
Serve over yogurt or ice cream. You can't go wrong with this recipe!