Hawaiian Rice Surprise
Only four ingredients needed to dress up a side dish of rice.
- 1 cup fresh or canned pineapple, cubed
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- macadamia nuts or other nuts you prefer
- measuring cup
- cutting board and knife
- small bowl to beat eggs
- non-stick or cast iron fry pan
- wooden spoon
- Heat fry pan with a bit of oil or butter.
- Add pineapple cubes and stir over high heat until slightly caramelized. Stir in green onion and cook slightly.
- Add rice, stirring until heated through. You may have to add a little water or pineapple juice to keep from sticking.
- Whisk eggs. Drizzle into rice while stirring. Continue stirring until cooked.
- Serve topped with macadamia nuts, whole or crushed, or other desired nuts.