Growing Together Salad
Gardening together really is a great way for children to learn to appreciate food. Here's a simple salad from the garden.
- 1 medium green zucchini, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 cupful of chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup chopped purple cabbage
- 1 tomato chopped (optional)
- cutting board and knife
- salad bowl
- Mix chopped vegetables in a salad bowl.
- Serve with your favourite dressing. Ours was olive oil and vinegar with fresh herbs: chives, parsley and basil. And always take time to appreciate your efforts in growing such easy to grow vegetables; enjoy your meals together!
Jane suggests, if possible, get all family members to participate in growing some or all of the vegetables, nurturing their growth and harvesting. Watch the video—her enthusiasm is inspiring. You can read more about Jane's approach to gardening in our blog.