A classic granola that tastes great sprinkled on top of yogurt or smoothies!
- 4 cups rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 1 cup barley flakes
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds, or other favourite nut
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup maple syrup, liquid honey or blue agave syrup (or any combination of these)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- large bowl
- measuring cups and spoons
- two large baking sheets
- mixing spoon
- glass jar
- oven mitts
- wire rack
- Combine the first 10 ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a large measuring cup, stir together the liquid ingredients.
- Pour the wet mix into the dry and stir thoroughly.
- Spread the mixture out onto two large baking sheets and bake at 250 degrees F for 40-50 minutes or until lightly toasted. Stir and rotate pans every 10 minutes.
- Cool trays on a wire rack and stir in dried fruit.
- Scoop into glass jars, seal and store up to one month.