Grandma's Raspberry Jam
Great way to use up all those fresh BC raspberries!
- 4 cups crushed raspberries
- 6 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 package Certo pectin crystals
- 1/2 tsp. butter
- large bowl
- measuring cup
- large pot
- canner and canner rack
- 6 canning jars and lids
- In a large bowl, wash and crush berries.
- Mix 6 cups sugar with berries and heat in a large pot until boiling.
- Add Certo with 1/2 cup of sugar. Hold at rolling boil for 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Fill sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch headroom and apply sealers and rings.
- Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- Let cool and check seals in 24 hours.
Amanda Mcgillivray of Kamloops, BC won first place in the junior category with this recipe in the 4-H Roots to Recipe contest at the 2013 PNE. Her recipe was made with BC raspberries.