Grand-Maman's Hazelnut Torte
A special but very easy cake to make.
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2-1/2 tsp baking powder
- FOR THE ICING/TOPPING
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cocoa
- 1 tsp coffee powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream
- chocolate chips, coffee beans or chocolate shavings (optional)
- measuring cups and spoons
- parchment paper
- 12" x 16" rectangular pan
- cooling rack
- hand mixer
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Put eggs and 3/4 cup sugar in a blender—cover and whirl until smooth.
- Add nuts and blend on "grate" until nuts are fine.
- Add flour and baking powder and blend until well mixed.
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Turn out to cool.
FOR THE ICING/TOPPING
- Whip 1/3 cup sugar, cocoa, coffee powder, vanilla and whipping cream together unitl thick.
- Spread on top and sides of cake.
- Decorate cake (optional) with chocolate chips, coffee beans, or chocolate shavings.