Good For You Crumble (gluten free)
This easy-to-make crumble features strawberries, but you can use any seasonal fruit.
- 2 cups diced strawberries (or other seasonal fruit)
- 1 cup regular oats (not quick cooking)
- 1/2 cup millet, sorghum or rice flour
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (use more if fruit is tart or if you want a sweeter version of this dish)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 8" x 8" baking pan or whatever you have of similar size
- cutting board and knife
- measuring cups and spoons
- medium sized mixing bowl
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Oil baking pan.
- Layer the bottom of the pan with the diced strawberries.
- Mix the oats and flour together. Add the cinnamon, olive oil, maple syrup, vanilla and continue mixing the ingredients together until they form a thick, goopy paste.
- Layer the oat mixture on top of the strawberries. Press the oat mixture down so it generousy covers the strawberries.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the crumble topping is golden brown.