Nothing like having your favourite baked goods, gluten-free!
- 1/2 cup low fat soy flour
- 1/2 cup white or brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cut into small cubes
- pinch of salt
- cold water
- measuring cups and spoons
- wooden spoon
- electric mixer
- cookie sheet
- parchment paper or silicone mat to line the cookie sheet
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add cut up butter into dry ingredients. Mix with mixer until crumbly. Squeeze mixture together with hands to see if dough forms. If dough does not form, add cold water 1 tsp at a time until you can roll out the dough. (See photo below)
- Roll into 1-inch balls, flatten with a fork dusted with icing sugar, and place on a parchment or silicone lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° F for 10 minutes or until the cookies begin to turn golden
Notice the dough is still crumbly but it will form into a ball when squeezed and rolled out.