Gluten-Free Date and Nut Muffins
Nothing like a fresh muffin straight out of the oven!
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour (I use a combo of equal parts low fat soy flour, brown rice flour and tapioca starch)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 ¾ cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups chopped dates
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- measuring cups and spoons
- cutting board and knife
- wooden spoon
- muffin tin lined with paper inserts
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add dry ingredients, dates and nuts. Mix until blended.
- Scoop mixture into 12 muffin cups and bake at 350° F for 25 minutes.
Cherry Chews: Add ½ cup chopped candied cherries to the batter and pour into a greased 9" x 13" pan. Bake for 30–35 minutes and cut into squares when cool.
I made half recipe to test this. I increased the baking powder by 50% considering the total of date + nut volume is double than the flour volume. I used only tapioca flour. Reduced the sugar only slightly (a miscalculation). It's still good, but too sweet and there is an aftertaste of too much baking powder.
Donna 24 May 2016, at 10:56 pm