Gluten-Free Date and Nut Muffins
Nothing like a fresh muffin straight out of the oven!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour (I use a combo of equal parts low fat soy flour, brown rice flour and tapioca starch)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups chopped dates
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- measuring cups and spoons
- cutting board and knife
- wooden spoon
- muffin tin lined with paper inserts
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add dry ingredients, dates and nuts. Mix until blended.
- Scoop mixture into 12 muffin cups and bake at 350° F for 25 minutes.
- Cherry Chews: Add 1/2 cup chopped candied cherries to the batter and pour into a greased 9" x 13" pan. Bake for 30–35 minutes and cut into squares when cool.