Festive Quinoa Salad
This tangy quinoa salad is a delicious and nutritious addition to any meal!
- 4 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame, defrosted
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, minced (do not use dried!)
- 3-4 Tbsp sherry or white wine vinegar
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp pepper (or to taste)
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Chopping knife
- Small jar with lid
- Transfer quinoa and thawed edamame into a large bowl.
- Add bell pepper, mint, and parsley and mix well.
- In the jar, add remaining ingredients to make the dressing- vinegar, oil, garlic, lime, sugar, salt & pepper. Adjust amounts to taste.
- Shake the dressing well and stir into the quinoa mixture just before serving.
- Only dress the amount you plan to eat as the flavour of the dressing diminishes over time.
Make an extra large batch of quinoa to have on hand in the fridge for this salad.
Chickpeas or other beans can be used instead of edamame.
Throw in other veggies you have around- tomatoes, cucumber, broccoli, carrot, frozen corn etc. If you stick with red and green veggies though, it makes for a tasty and healthy holiday-themed side dish!
It's also a hit at potlucks and easy to transport!