Festive Cranberry Holiday Bars
You can mix and match the nuts, seeds or dried fruit you choose to add to these festive bars!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups plain peanut butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 6 cups oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut, toasted
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries (or any other dried fruit)
- measuring cups and spoons
- spoon for mixing
- large skillet
- large mixing bowl
- cookie sheet
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large skillet, toast coconut, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter, vanilla and brown sugar.
- Add honey and mix in remaining ingredients.
- Press into greased 12" x 18" cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° F for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool slightly and cut while still warm.
Be creative! Have fun! This recipe is very flexible. Substitute slivered almonds, pumpkin seeds or cashews for the sunflower seeds. Omit the nuts/seeds altogether if allergic. Play around with the fruit—chopped apricots in the mix taste great!