Festive Cranberry Holiday Bars
You can mix and match the nuts, seeds or dried fruit you choose to add to these festive bars!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups plain peanut butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries (or any other dried fruit)
- measuring cups and spoons
- spoon for mixing
- large skillet
- large mixing bowl
- cookie sheet
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large skillet, toast shredded coconut, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter, vanilla and brown sugar.
- Add honey and mix in remaining ingredients.
- Press into greased 12" x 18" cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Let cool slightly and cut while still warm.
Be creative and have fun! This recipe is very flexible. Substitute slivered almonds, pumpkin seeds or cashews for the sunflower seeds. Use other nut or seed butters in place of peanut butter. Omit the nuts/seeds altogether if allergic. Play around with the fruit—chopped apricots in the mix taste great!