Fabulous Granola is a perfect gift idea packaged in a festive bag!
- 8 cups slow oats
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup grape seed oil
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup agave or maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla or cinnamon (depending on your preference)
- NUT MIXTURE
- 1 cup raisins or cranberries
- 1 cup sunflower seeds (raw)
- 1/2 cup cashews, chopped
- 2/3 cups walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 2/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup hemp, flax or chia seeds
- 2/3 cup thin sliced almonds
- 1 cup coconut (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- measuring cups and spoons
- large bowl
- wooden spoon
- baking sheet
- resealable plastic bags or airtight containers for storing
- Mix oils and syrup together in a large bowl.
- Add oats and mix thoroughly. Spread on large baking sheet.
- Roast at 200° F for 3 hours, turning the mixture once in a while. Cool.
- When completely cool, put the granola mixture in a large bowl. Add nut mixture and combine.
- Store in resealable plastic bags and freeze. Use as desired!
Fabulous with yogurt and fresh fruit. A perfect gift idea packaged in a festive bag!