Try out new flavor combinations and have a pizza buffet. A great activity to get the mini-chefs involved.
- 6 English muffins or 3 small pita breads
- 1 cup (250 mL) pasta sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated cheese (e.g. mozzarella)
- Assorted toppings: sliced sweet pepper, fresh tomatoes, sliced mushrooms (optional)
- Cookie sheet
- Oven or toaster oven and oven mitts
- Bread knife
- Small plates or napkins
- Slice muffins in half or pita bread in quarters and place on cookie sheet.
- Spread about one tablespoon (15 mL) of pasta sauce on each muffin half or pita slice
- Sprinkle about 1-2 tablespoons grated cheese on top.
- Add vegetables if desired.
- Broil in a preheated oven (400°F) or in toaster oven for about 5 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let cool for 2-3 minutes before eating.