- Preheat oven to 500F (260C).
- Oil a 9×13-in. (3-L) baking dish.
- Set a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Crumble in meat. Sprinkle with cumin and ½ tsp (2 mL) salt. (If using veggie ground round, omit salt.)
- Stir often with a fork to keep meat crumbly. Cook until no pink remains, about 5 min, or until veggie ground is hot.
- Stir in 1 cup (250 mL) salsa. When hot, stir in half the cheese and half the cilantro.
- Place one tortilla on a cutting board. Spoon ¾ cup (175 mL) meat mixture down the centre. Dot with 1 tbsp (15 mL) sour cream. Roll tightly and place in dish, seam-side down with an open end touching the narrow side of dish. Place 3 rolls beside it. Fill the other half of dish with remaining rolls.
- Spread remaining ½ cup (125 mL) sour cream over tortillas. Top with remaining salsa and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until cheese is golden, about 15 min.
- Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Good with sliced avocados and sour cream.
"Our fast-tracked version of this Mexican favourite doesn't call for a ton of ingredients, yet it's still super flavourful." - Chateleine