Easy Thai Chicken
Yes, easy! This flavourful dish could easily become a weeknight favourite.
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) butter
- 8 chicken breasts
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) chopped fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) sweet chili sauce
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) fresh grated ginger
- juice of 1 lime
- 5 mL (1 tsp), or more, to taste of Sriracha sauce
- measuring cups and spoons
- cutting board and knife
- small bowl
- large ovenproof skillet
- tongs or spatula
- digital thermometer to check doneness
- Preheat oven to 205° C (400° F).
- To make the sauce, whisk together chili sauce, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, lime juice and Sriracha in a small bowl.
- Melt butter in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2–3 minutes per side.
- Stir in chili sauce mixture.
- Place into oven and bake 25-30 minutes or until done.
- Check doneness of chicken. It is completely cooked through when it reaches an internal temperature or 74° C.
- Broil for 2–3 minutes, or until caramelized and slightly charred.
- Garnish with cilantro if desired.