Easy Pumpkin Muffin Bars
Common pantry ingredients make these quick and easy pumpkin bars a perfect addition to breakfast or snack time!
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup ground flax
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can ( 398 mL) pumpkin (plain, not pumpkin pie filling)
- Optional: 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- measuring cups and measuring spoons
- mixing bowl
- mixing spoon
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- kitchen knife
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a mixing bowl stir together oats, flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large liquid measuring cup mix together oil, water, flax, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add oil mixture to dry ingredients and stir well.
- Add the pumpkin and mix through. If adding chocolate chips, stir them in.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the mixture onto the baking sheet.
- Using the spatula, spread into a rectangular shape, approximately an inch thick.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Cut into squares.
You can also substitute cooked yams or cooked pumpkin for the canned. Check out this pumpkin purée recipe.
These pumpkin muffin bars are a great healthy snack option for all ages!
We make these all the time! Instead of baking on a baking sheet, we spread the batter into a greased 9x13 lasagna pan. We find it easier to manage that way :)
Nicole 15 August 2019, at 3:00 pm