Easy Classic Waffles
Ready for your favourite toppings!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cup warm milk
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- measuring cups and spoons
- sifter or sieve
- 2 bowls
- waffle maker
- scoop or ladle
- cooling rack
- In a large mixing bowl, sift and combine the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl combine the wet ingredients: eggs, milk, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk until blended.
- Set aside batter for a few minutes while you heat up the waffle maker.
- Scoop the batter into the waffle iron and cook until the waffles are golden brown and crisp.
- After remoing from waffle maker, lay on a cooling rack for a few minutes before serving, or else the condensation from the heat will cause the waffle to lose its crisp.
- Serve with your favourite toppings. Enjoy!
Warm the milk as you melt the butter.