Bannock is a GREAT summer campfire favourite, but you can enjoy it at home too.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups water
- measuring cups and spoons
- large bowl
- frying pan or baking sheet
- 1 or 2 spatulas
- Measure flour, salt, and baking powder into a large bowl. Stir to mix.
- Pour melted butter and water over flour mixture. Stir with fork to make a ball.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead gently about 10 times. Pat into a flat circle 3/4" to 1" thick.
- Cook in a greased frying pan over medium heat, allowing about 15 minues for each side. Use two lifters for easy turning. May also be baked on a greased baking sheet at 350° F (175° C) for 25 to 30 minutes.
Bannock is a GREAT summer campfire favourite. You can mix it all up in advance and add water at the campsite, wrap it around a stick and cook it over the fire.