Curried Chickpea Couscous
Fragrant, roasted chickpeas and cauliflower are served on a bed of couscous.
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked or canned
- 1 ½ cups couscous
- ¼ bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- measuring cups and spoons
- small bowl
- medium bowl
- cutting board and knife
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make seasoning mix in a small bowl with turmeric, salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, and coriander. Set aside.
- Prepare the cauliflower by breaking up the head into 2 inch pieces. Put in a bowl and drizzle with 1 Tbsp. of olive oil. Toss with 2 tsp of spice mixture. Put cauliflower mixture on baking tray and bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- While cauliflower is baking, add the chickpeas to the bowl with the remaining seasoning and oil and toss to coat. Add them to the hot pan and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make couscous according to package directions. Top coucous with curry mixture on and then add chopped cilantro.