Crustless Pumpkin Pie
Make a day ahead of time for the best flavour.
- 1 can (398 mL) pumpkin (plain, not pie filling)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 can (385 mL) evaporated milk
- vanilla yogurt
- large bowl
- large spoon for mixing
- can opener
- small bowl (for beating eggs)
- fork (for beating eggs)
- glass pie plate
- In a large bowl, mix pumpkin, sugar, salt and spices.
- Stir in the two slightly beaten eggs and mix well.
- Add the evaporated skim milk (shake can before opening) and stir until smooth.
- Pour into a lightly greased glass pie plate. (This recipe works best in a glass pie plate instead of metal.)
- Bake in a 400° F oven for about 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once cooled, serve with vanilla yogurt (or light whipped cream).
This pie is even better if made the day before!