So good you can eat it by the spoonful! Great with turkey, but fine on its own or as a topping for yogurt or toast.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries (or thawed frozen cranberries)
- 1 seedless orange and zest
- 1/4 cup sugar
- measuring cup
- rasp or fine grater
- small bowl
- food processor
- Measure two cups of cranberries into the bowl of a food processor.
- Wash and dry the orange. Placing the rasp or grater over a small bowl, grate the zest (the thin, coloured part of the orange skin) into the bowl. Add the zest to the processor bowl.
- Peel the orange, separate the sections and remove seeds, if any. Add the orange sections to the processor.
- Add the sugar, then pulse the mixture until it is evenly chopped.
It's best to make this relish several hours or a day ahead of serving so all the flavours meld.