Coffee Shortbread Stars
Dazzle your guests with these tasty stars!
- 250 mL butter
- 125 mL brown sugar (packed)
- 60 mL white sugar
- 30 mL instant coffee granules
- 500 mL all purpose flour
- 2 mL salt
- melted dark and white chocolate for decorating
- measuring cups and spoons
- electric mixer
- plastic wrap
- rolling pin
- star-shaped cookie cutter
- cookie sheet
- wire cooling rack
- Cream butter and sugars in a medium mixing bowl.
- Beat in coffee granules.
- Gradually beat in flour and salt until mixture is a firm dough.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Roll dough out to quarter inch thickness and cut with star-shaped cookie cutters.
- Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheet, about 5 cm apart.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes at 300° F until cookies are set and light golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- When cold, drizzle with melted white and dark chocolate. Allow to set.