Traditional Scandinavian cookies, perfect for fika, the Scandinavian coffee break
- 150 g butter
- 150 mL sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 500 mL all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- CINNAMON SUGAR MIX
- 4 Tbsp white sugar
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon powder
- kitchen scale
- 2 mixing bowls
- wooden spoon
- cookie sheet
- Stir together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla and mix.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the dry ingredients.
- Bit by bit, add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture, stirring as you go.
- Let dough rest in the fridge for about half an hour.
- Roll the dough into 1/2" thick logs and cut into 3" pieces. Roll the pieces in the cinnamon-sugar mix and bend into s-shapes.
- Bake in a 200° C (400° F) oven for about 10 minutes.