Red and green from peppers and broccoli make this a festive frittata, but we're tempted to make it throughout the year!
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil or butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp each dried basil and oregano
- measuring cups and spoons
- cutting board and knife
- medium mixing bowl
- oven-proof frying pan with lid
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Heat oil or butter over medium heat in frying pan. Sauté vegetables until tender-crisp (about 5 minutes).
- Meanwhile, beat eggs, milk and spices in a medium mixing bowl.
- Pour egg mixture on top of vegetables and cook covered for about 5 minutes or until eggs begin to set.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and transfer to oven. Cook uncovered at 450° F for about 10 minutes or until eggs are set and cheese is all melted.
- Cut into 6 wedges and enjoy!
Delicious! I sauteed the vegetables in a cast iron pan, added the eggs, and baked the dish to make an easy 1 pan meal.
Adrienne 14 November 2012, at 3:51 pm