Chocolate Swirl Cookies
Bake these beauties in a snap!
- 1 cup Snappy barley (quick-cooking barley)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup softened butter
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- measuring cups and spoons
- large mixing bowl
- mixing spoon
- food processor or blender
- baking tray
- parchment paper
- Boil Snappy barley as per package instructions or until cooked through; set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, add sugar and butter and cream until smooth.
- Add vanilla, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and egg to mixture and stir to combine.
- Place the barley in a food processor (or blender) with a bit of water and blend until smooth.
- Pour barley into egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Add flour slowly and mix to incorporate all ingredients.
- Once combined, add in chocolate chips (warm barley will cause chips to melt creating a marbled effect).
- Portion cookie batter onto baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake at 350° F for 20 minutes or until baked through.