Chocolate Mint Cookie Delights
Makes about 2 dozen mouth-watering, addictive and highly sought after delicacies.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. mint extract (optional)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- dash of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- chocolate syrup for decorating cookies
- 1 or 2 candy canes, crushed into very fine bits (optional)
- measuring cups and spoons
- mixing bowl
- electric mixer
- wooden spoon
- cookie sheets
- parchment paper or butter for greasing cookie sheets
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Add butter and sugars to a mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs and vanilla extract. You can add mint extract here if you wish.
- On low speed, mix in cocoa. Add flour, salt and baking soda. Mix on low until fully combined. Finally, mix in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful on greased (or parchment covered) baking sheet two inches apart. Bake for 12-13 minutes or until tops are dry and set. Cool.
- After about 10 minutes of cooling. drizzle a small amount of chocolate syrup onto each cookie, and immediately sprinkle crushed candy cane onto the syrupy parts. Then eat all of them!