This flourless chocolate cake is very simple to make!
- 3/4 lb. best quality bittersweet chooclate
- 1/2 lb. unsalted best quality butter
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- whipped heavy cream to have on the side
- measuring cup
- hand (for final mixing)
- 8" or 9" springform pan
- separate pan of hot water for oven
- Melt chocolate with butter. Cool to room temperature.
- Whisk eggs and sugar for 5 minutes with whisk.
- Fold chocolate and eggs together with your hand until combined.
- Pour into buttered and sugared springform pan and bake at 350° F until very wet crumbs barely formed, cling to a knife. Check after 20 minutes, and then every 5 minutes after that.
- Be sure you have a separate pan of hot water in the bottom of the oven while you bake the cake.
- Serve with whipped cream.
"Really simple, and loads of fun to make with kids," writes Faye Hess of the dinnerlist.