Try this savoury oatmeal for breakfast or dinner.
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) water
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) milk
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) quick cooking rolled oats
- 2 Tablespoons (30 mL) finely diced celery (optional)
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked shredded chicken, or a can of drained tuna
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- sliced green onion (optional)
- small pot
- stirring spoon
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- can opener (if using tuna)
- cutting board
- Place the water, milk and celery in a small pot and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the oats and turn down to a simmer. Cook for 4-5 minutes until done.
- Stir in the chicken and season to taste. Simmer until heated through.
- Garnish with the green onion if desired.
This makes a thin oatmeal that's more like soup but you can make a thicker one by adding more oats.