Chewy Chocolate Cookies
Chewy, chocolatey and just so good...
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp hot water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- measuring cups and spoons
- large mixing bowl
- electric mixer or wooden spoon
- scoop or spoon
- cookie sheet
- cooling rack
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Dissolve baking sodia in hot water. Add to the batter along with salt.
- Stir in the flour, chocolate chips, and walnuts.
- Drop on ungreased cookie sheet in large spoonfuls.
- Bake until edges are lightly browned, about 12-15 minutes.
- These cookies are so good....
Swap out the chopped walnuts for your favourite nut of choice - try slivered almonds or pecans! Or omit the nuts entirely and enjoy this classic chocolate chip cookie.