Checkerboard Tuna Sandwich
This novelty approach to sandwiches is perfect for little and big hands alike!
- 2 slices brown bread (eg. whole wheat)
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 can tuna
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- cutting board
- can opener
- Open the can of tuna and drain well
- Mix tuna and mayonnaise in a bowl
- Spread tuna mixture on the brown bread slices.
- Cover the brown bread slices with the white bread slices.
- Cut sandwiches into 9 squares, like a tic-tac-toe board.
- Turn over alternate squares so that you have a checkerboard effect.
Mix it up! Any favourite filling works: salmon, cheese, meat, egg salad, peanut butter etc.
Add some flair with chopped green onion, dill, lettuce, tomato, or any other garnish.