Cauliflower Alfredo with Peas
Yummy creamy pasta for the whole family
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large head of cauliflower, stem and leaves removed, roughly chopped
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock (or water, but broth will taste better)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 to 1 cup whole milk (3.25%MF)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 lb (454g) fettuccine
- 1 cup frozen, canned or fresh peas
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley to garnish, optional
- Cutting board and knife
- 2 sauce pans
- Lid for one sauce pan
- Blender or food processor
- Place garlic, cauliflower, and chicken broth in a large saucepan with a lid. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 8-10 minutes (or until cauliflower is tender and soft).
- Carefully transfer content of saucepan to a blender or food processor. (Note: a blender will result in a smoother consistency.)
- Add salt, butter, 1/2 cup milk and parmesan cheese. Blend on high until smooth. Add in remaining 1/2 cup milk if sauce is too thick. Taste and season with more salt if required.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package instructions. Add peas to boiling pasta when 1 minute left in the cooking time.
- Drain pasta and peas. Toss with cauliflower alfredo sauce. Garnish with more parmesan and/or chopped fresh parsley if desired.