Cucumber, carrots, a few other ordinary veggies, a good imagination and voila! A cat skeleton appears...
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 4 grape tomatoes
- 1/2 orange or red pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 4-5 medium-large white mushrooms
- 6 small pieces of broccoli florets
- 2 celery sticks cut into 8 lengths
- 1-2 carrots cut into sticks—enough for 16 pieces, plus three coin slices for the face
- small bowl of black bean dip*
- a few basil leaves for the ears and mouth
- cutting board and knife
- tray or cutting board for presentation
- small bowl to hold the black bean dip for the cat face
Following the image, cut and arrange veggies to make a cat skeleton.
- Cucumbers: tail
- Grape tomatoes: knees
- Pepper slices: ribs
- Mushrooms: spine
- Broccoli: shoulders, hips and paws
- Celery: legs
- Carrot sticks: claws
Pour dip into small bowl to form the head. Use carrot coins and basil leaves to form the features of the face and the ears.