Carla's Holiday Green Beans
Add some green to your turkey dinner with this perennial favourite!
- 1 can (284 mL) cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- few pinches red pepper flakes, to taste
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) grated cheddar cheese
- 1 package (1 kg) frozen green beans
- 1 can French fried onions
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) grated parmesan cheese
- can opener
- mixing bowl and spoon
- rubber spatula
- measuring cups
- 9" x 13" casserole dish
- Mix mushroom soup, milk, red pepper flakes, cheddar cheese and 1/2 can of fried onions in a bowl.
- Empty package of green beans into casserole dish and add mushroom soup mixture. Stir until beans are coated.
- Top with parmesan cheese and remaining fried onions.
- Bake at 350° F for 30 minutes.
Add 1/4 cup (50 mL) of diced red peppers for a more festive colour.
Cut green beans may be easier for little kids to eat.