A flavourful dip, great for any party or gathering!
- 1 can of black beans (washed and drained)
- 1 cup mild salsa
- half a head of lettuce, shredded
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- a pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- baked tortilla chips
- light sour cream or greek yogurt (optional as an additional side)
- guacamole dip (optional as an additional side)
- cutting board
- measuring cups
- mixing bowl
- masher or fork
- glass pan
- cheese grater
- Mash the black beans with the seasonings (garlic powder, salt & pepper). Layer at the bottom of a glass pan.
- Layer the salsa, shredded lettuce, grated cheese and green onions.
- Enjoy it with the tortilla chips!
You can also have it as a salad by crushing the tortilla chips on top or turn it into a burrito by using tortilla wraps instead of tortilla chips.