Brown Sugar Shortbread
A variation on the Christmas classic, try these Brown Sugar Shortbreads
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- candied cherries (optional)
- measuring cup
- electric mixer
- cookie sheet
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Add butter and sugar to a bowl. Cream together thoroughly with electric mixer.
- Spoon flour a little at a time into mixture until all of the flour has been used up.
- Turn dough out onto a clean, floured surface and with floured hands, gently flatten. Cut into shapes or roll into balls and flatten with a fork. Put a cherry on top if desired.
- Bake at 325° F for 15–20 minutes or until golden.