Freeze some blackberries during the summer to make these muffins year 'round.
- 1 3/4 cup sifted flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup blackberries
- measuring cups and spoons
- large and medium sized bowls
- wooden spoon
- muffin tin
- muffin tin liners
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt).
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs. Add the melted butter and pour in the milk.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the blackberries and with a wooden spoon, stir 10 strokes.
- Place muffin tin liners in muffin tin and scoop batter into the tin, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake for 10—15 minutes in preheated oven.
- Let muffins cool before eating.