A hearty one-pot meal that you can easily switch-up based on ingredients you have on hand.
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 5 medium potatoes
- 1 bunch of green beans
- 1 ear or can of corn
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp spice mix (I use a hamburger seasoning)
- Oxo beef in a mug or gravy mix plus 2 Tbsp flour and water
- measuring spoon
- cutting board and knife
- cast iron skillet
- mixing spoon
- oven mitts
- Add oil to hot cast iron skillet and add beef. Season with salt and pepper, and brown for 4 minutes.
- Add chopped onions, garlic, carrots and potatoes. Cook another 4 minutes.
- Add green beans and corn. Season with Worcestershire, spices and oxo mixture.
- Place skillet in 400° F oven for 30–40 minutes.
You can switch or omit things in the recipe, which is why I like it—never the same twice. You can use ground turkey, or different vegetables. I have added BBQ sauce, ketchup, and hot sauce. Have fun with trying different things. The skillet is hot—leave the oven mitt on the handle so no one burns their hand when they try to move it.