BC Seafood Gnocchi
Experience the coast of BC with this rich and fresh recipe that combines the salty seafood and sweet dairy of BC.
- 1 lb fresh peeled prawns
- 1 cup cooked crab meat
- 2 Tbsp sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1–2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 lbs prepared gnocchi
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan
- measuring cups and spoons
- small bowl
- large pot for cooking pasta
- frying pan
- slotted spoon or ladle
- Defrost, drain and peel prawns as needed.
- Drain crab meat, if needed.
- In a small bowl, soak sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts in olive oil.
- Fill large pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Melt butter in saucepan and add cream. Cook over medium heat, stirring continuously just until it comes to boil; turn down to a simmer.
- In a frying pan, add the oil, tomato and pine nut mixture. Over a medium-high temperature, add prawns and sear until cooked. It only takes a few minutes. Turn off heat.
- At the same time, add the gnocchi to the large pot of boiling water and when they float to the top (only about 2–3 minutes) drain the gnocchi into the colander and set aside in the large pot.
- Add the crab and parmesan cheese to the cream, then add the prawns, and stir to combine over a medium heat.
- Add the entire seafood-cream mixture to the large pot of drained gnocchi and stir well.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!