Bacon Lover's Risotto
The aroma of bacon and sage will bring good appetites to the table as this risotto cooks.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 slices premium bacon (cooked)
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1 cup peas
- 1 Tbsp fresh sage (chopped)
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 L of vegetable stock
- 1.5 cups white wine
- cutting board and knife
- measuring cups and spoons
- large saute pan or pot
- spatula or wooden spoon for stirring
- Fry chopped onion on medium until translucent. Add bacon. Stir until fully cooked.
- Add mushrooms, peas and sage, and stir until mushrooms have shrunk in size.
- Turn the heat down to low. Add the arborio rice and stir for 5 minutes while alternately adding broth and white wine.
- Stir consistently on medium-low heat for about 35 minutes.
You can add more vegetables if it suits your preferences.