Aunty Lynne's Famous Cheese Biscuits
Fun to make with your baker-in-training!
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 2/3 – 1 cup milk
- large bowl
- mixing spoon
- measuring cups and spoons
- 2 knives or pastry blender
- cookie cutter or glass to cut circles
- cookie sheet
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Cut butter into the mixture using the 2 knives or pastry blender.
- Continue cutting in until butter is the size of small peas.
- Slowly add milk. Start with 2/3 cup and add more, if necessary, just until dough leaves the side of the bowl and rounds up into a ball.
- Add cheese.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured, clean surface.
- Knead lightly about 10 times, until the dough feels rights; it should not stick to your hands!
- Pat dough down to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut out small circles using the rim of a glass or a cookie cutter.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake until golden, about 10-12 minutes.
Serve warm. Delicious with jam!