Asparagus with Dijon Thyme Shallots
Celebrate spring with asparagus dressed with a mouth-watering shallot topping.
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 good-sized shallot
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- glass baking dish
- cutting board and knife
- measuring spoons
- large pan
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Trim the ends of the asparagus and place in the glass baking dish. Fill with 1/2" of water. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until lightly steamed.
- While the asparagus is cooking, finely chop the shallots.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over low-medium heat and add the shallots. Cook for two minutes until it starts to sweat. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Once the asparagus has finished cooking, drain the water and serve topped with the shallot mixture.