Asparagus and Strawberry Spring Salad
A delightful side dish with roasted asparagus, all kinds of leafy greens, strawberries, and balsamic dressing
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- juice of a 1/2 lemon
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- 3 cups arugula
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- salad spinner
- cutting board and knife
- large bowl
- small bowl
- baking sheet, lined with parchment paper
- measuring cups and measuring spoons
- medium pot with lid (for quinoa)
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Wash and dry leafy vegetables, using the salad spinner. Wash, de-stem and slice strawberries.
- Toss asparagus in avocado oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 7–10 minutes until tender and caramelized. Check periodically, as they roast quickly. Remove from oven and allow to cool, then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In the large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients.
- In the small bowl, whisk together salad dressing ingredients. I like to serve dressing on the side and allow eaters to dress their own salad as they choose.