- Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly grease or line a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, oats, flax meal, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together the applesauce, sugar, buttermilk, vegetable oil and egg.
- Gently shake the dry ingredients into the wet, giveing the mixture a stir every few shakes. Stir in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter evenly into the muffin tin cups, filling only two-thirds of the way, and pop them in the oven for 20 minutes. They're done when they're firm and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
The kids and I were over at my friend Victoria's for a playdate one morning when she pointed out that our site (Sweet Potato Chronicles) didn't have a basic blueberry muffin recipe. So off I went to the kitchen to experiment. But thinking of Victoria's beautiful kids, I decided basic wouldn't cut it. These are the muffins—healthier, more delicious and so much more than basic—that I came up with. This recipe's so easy it's ideal for making with kids.